Friday, April 13, 2012

pink and grey


There is something so poignant about those first brave signs of a northern spring, when the cold winter greys blush with the colors of a new season.

Here in Washington, the cherry blossoms have come and gone, the redbud too ~ and the lilacs have made an appearance. Yet, I am still sorting through my photographs from Scotland, fascinated by the subtle blue and grey hues. Spring is calling however, and I should forge ahead. So, next week: wisteria (and lots of it).

xo

6 comments:

home before dark said...

This has been a strange spring—so early. One of the best things we've done during this remodel is to remove the old windows and install "garden view" windows on the backside of our house. I planted trees with a succession of flowering but with Kansas weather so unpredictable we often missed the "viewing" season. The rich rose of the Cherokee Chief dogwood blooming as it does before it leafs out was so beautiful.

Your pink and gray photo reminds me of the easy grace of succulents.

Janet said...

hbd ~ such a strange spring indeed. Everything is blooming all at once, and so early! Love the image of your "garden view". Can just imagine you there by your window on long summer evenings, drink in hand (renovations complete). Dogwoods are my favorite.

smr said...

lovely photos! here we have pink and grey birds,called galahs

Style Court said...

Both so striking, Janet. The second photo invites closer inspection. It really stopped me in my tracks.

Janice // twoaftertwenty said...

I love cherry blossoms!

Barbara Wells Sarudy said...

The 2nd photo is a knockout. See you soon.