Thursday, December 29, 2011

hello winter

A winter storm chased us as the gentleman and I drove back from Michigan on tuesday. Snow softly blanketed the landscape as we traveled in to Indiana and on to Ohio, finally turning to torrential rain as we approached Pennsylvania. Winter is here indeed.

Our holiday was warm and bright, a blurr of activity, presents, and family! And yesterday I turned 40. A strange milestone in some ways. I have been trying to decide if I actually feel middle aged. I don't think I do.

Cheers all!

6 comments:

Inkslinger said...

So beautiful . . . and happy belated birthday!! (I turned 40 this year, too. And I wasn't really feeling all that middle aged before the pregnancy. Now I feel positively ancient!)

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Happy Birthday, darling!!! Glad you had a white christmas -I was missing it myself; the annual watching of the movie wasn't quite enough of the white stuff.

home before dark said...

Happy birthday. Forty is a moment to remember, but 60 will get your attention! Here is Kansas it is 52. WTF? Hope your new year is a most loved and lovely one.

Pigtown*Design said...

40? are you kidding? i thought you were turning 30!

Happy belated birthday!

xo

smilla4blogs said...

You don't even look 30 and you still better carry your ID when you go out to dinner! xo

Beautiful photos! I had a lump in my throat every mile of that treacherous trip!

promotional products said...

Happy birthday, Its amazing photos. I like so much. Winter is my favourite season. You shared best feeling.