Tuesday, September 4, 2007

fall fashion

I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend. A mellow holiday for me ~ it included a nice day trip to Fredericksburg to see a friend. We discovered a wonderful little boutique, Simpatica, which (*swoon*) carries Orla Kiely. I couldn't resist, and bought a new fall bag!!! The September Vogue arrived with over 800 pages of wonderfulness! Again, swoon. Love the Fall fashions ~ I am feeling so inspired by clothing again.

Poking around on the Costume Institute site at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, I fell in love with these pieces ~ so timeless.

(top image: Christian Dior, evening dress, "L'Eléphant Blanc," spring/summer 1958, Gift of Col. and Mrs. Edgar W. Garbish, 1977; and bottom: Givenchy, ensemble, fall/winter 1963-1964, Gift of Diana Vreeland, 1979)

No comments: