Friday, September 14, 2007

trouvée: flowers and fashion in mayfair

Inscribed: "Madame Veros the fashion artist of Mayfair buying flowers this morning from Mrs. Bloomfield, the flower seller of Curzon Street who supplies the leading members of Society, including royalty, with flowers. Prince George is often to be seen at the stall of Mrs. Bloomfield."

The photograph is not dated, but it looks to be late 1920s or early 1930s. It is part of a group of fashion-related press photographs I found on ebay. I love the fabulous caption ~ and the name of the flowerseller (Bloomfield, seriously!?!).

I want to take a moment to say thank you again to Anne for posting all this week about her trip to Attingham. My dear, if Mrs. Bloomfield was around, I would buy you a posie! I have found so much inspiration from these posts, and I can't wait to share it next week.

Happy weekend to all!

No comments: