Wednesday, April 16, 2008

the blue bowl

It's funny how there are a few random objects that find their way into our hearts ~ like a favorite mug or a well-worn cashmere sweater. For me, one of those things is a bowl given to me years ago by a friend, a thank you for hosting her baby shower. It is a small bowl, handmade, with the most perfect blue glaze. It isn't fancy and doesn't match anything else I have, but for some reason I always seem to reach for it. And last night when I snapped this photograph, I was reminded of a story in the July 2007 issue of Vogue about Irving Penn, and his description of a favorite lamp. I would love to hear about some of your favorite objects...and I promise to show you a few more of mine in the next couple weeks.

I am off for some travels, but will be back monday. Until then...enjoy these lovely spring days. xo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must be an Angela bowl! cgb

Style Court said...

Oh I know what you mean about favorite things -- it's so hard to narrow it down though! I don't think I'll ever grow bored with my brass pagoda.