Tuesday, June 10, 2008

scenes from a swiss town

I love seeking out the quiet parts of Basel, away from the crowds and the drama of the art fair ~ there are just so many lovely little vignettes. But...where to begin with the art fair? Well, perhaps this week I will share one thing a day. (And for those of you who are curious, I did not see Brad Pitt *sigh*).

One of the things that stood out this year at the fair was how many more Asian galleries and artists were represented...which I really enjoyed. My favorite was a Japanese photographer, Rinko Kawauchi ~ how I have missed her work, I have NO idea! So lovely (see more here). I was particularly taken by her series The Eyes, The Ears (took me a while to find the publication, but photo-eye has it ~ yay!), and her dairy, # 1 and # 2.

So, enjoy...more tomorrow. Stay cool dear friends on the east coast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will look forward to more enchanting Basel back streets and by-ways. To bad about Brad....cgb