I suppose one must eventually wake up from the dream (thanks for reliving it with me these past several weeks!). However, I discovered that a trip to New York is a good distraction. Here is why:
* good friends, good food, and good wine (lots of it) ~ all the perfect ingredients for being just a little bit naughty (yes, Mr. R, just a little)
* it's the only place in the world where you can see someone eating pizza while skateboarding down Seventh Avenue...and a guy reading Huckleberry Finn on the 6 train (I love that!)
* Louise Bourgeois at the Guggenheim
* pattern and design at the Cooper-Hewitt
* the fabulous yarn selection at Purl
* and lots and lots of great shadows in Soho
Was there more? Of course. But, for now...happy thursday!