Friday, June 25, 2010

strawberries and cream

I had a request to follow the last house tour with another dessert, and I am more than happy to oblige. In fact, our visit to Twickel was followed by this divine dish ~ strawberry ice cream with a side of fresh strawberries and a healthy dollop of slagroom (whipped cream). Consumed al fresco in the setting June sun, I think these were the sweetest, most wonderful strawberries I have ever had. Really! Sometimes the simplest things are the best.

Another confection to follow. . . of the architectural sort. In the mean time, grab yourself a big old tub of ice cream and have a yummy weekend!

Cheers!

7 comments:

ArchitectDesign™ said...

strawberry ice cream is one of my favorite summertime treats (hagan daas) but that glass of wine looks more appetizing to me!

Inkslinger said...

Oooh. A double dose of strawberries! Heaven!

Style Court said...

Keep these coming Janet!

home before dark said...

Yummy in every way. I'm thinking that the soil in that part of the world must be sub-lime...!

smilla4blogs said...

Oh thank you! And in your honor, I will soon post a pic of Maine strawberries (without the slagroom.) The photograph is pure confection! xo

Janet said...

AD ~ why choose. You may have both...

Inkslinger ~ this is THE time for strawberries. I have had them for breakfast every morning this week. The Virginia berries are good, but nothing like their Dutch cousins.

Courtney ~ I am workin on it...

hbd ~ There is something about a cold climate that really produces a great berry. It is not good for everything (i.e. grapes...we had a good chuckle over the Dutch government trying to subsidize wineries in the Netherlands).

Janet said...

mom ~ you are welcome! xo