Thursday, March 8, 2007

an evening to remember

Last night was one of those rare magical evenings, which only come along every so often in one's life ~ the black-tie preview for the exhibition I have been working on at the National Gallery of Art, States and Variations: Prints by Jasper Johns. I wish I had photographs to share, but I don't, so a copy of the menu will have to suffice. The exhibition looks fabulous (though I am probably biased), and the event was gorgeous ~ tables dressed in brown taffeta with lime green floral arrangements. And gardenias everywhere. Mmmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations my dear. I adore that your evening was one of gardenias. In the 19th century the Gardenia meant "You're Lovely!" Yet further proof of the Victorian's unassailable good taste. KDM