Tuesday, January 8, 2008

food for thought

So, here's a confession ~ I LOVE fruit cake. I have for as long as I can remember. And the Christmas stollen was on sale at the store. I couldn't help myself! A cup of tea and a piece of stollen ~ a perfect compliment to a day spent browsing books. Here are some things I enjoyed sunday afternoon:

* Selvedge (a treat from the Textile Museum bookstore)
* The Overdecorated Bookcase (for the most brilliant book recommendations)
* The Brooklyn Rail (the complete issue is available online!)

And remember ~ your life is beautiful! Happy tuesday. xo.

2 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

MEE TOO!!!!! My dad used to make it and now my sister's taken over the job. This year's was a bit crumbly, and she didn't leave the marzipan layer to sit long enough, so the royal icing isn't hard. But it's still good!!!

Inkslinger said...

Thanks for saying such kind things about my blog. Visiting yours is such a treat.