Friday, January 25, 2008

winter whites IV

Ending the week on a soft note. My paperwhites have bloomed ~ little glimpses of spring. I can't be without flowers whatever the season ~ they are one of life's sweetest indulgences. Several years ago I came across a rather beat-up old copy of On Baholyodin's Being with Flowers at a second-hand book store ~ and it has been well worth the $7! Anyway, the photographs in that book inspired today's photo (which incidentally almost made me late for work this morning, waiting for the sun to rise!).

I have had such a good time with this week of winter whites ~ searching for inspiration and finding new blogs (there are so many amazing, talented people out there). Those of you new to my blog ~ welcome ~ I hope you will stay a while. Wishing all of you a weekend full of calm...xo.

P.S. Found Photo Friday will be back next week!

4 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

i have had a series of paperwhites in my office all winter!

Annie B said...

have loved the week of winter whites (and finding all these new and wonderful blogs) - will be back to check out found photo friday, sound intriguing

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful image...I love paperwhites and could not live without them...nice to meet other paperwhites fans.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!