Tuesday, September 9, 2008

fleeting moments

Summer is over so very quickly. You blink...and it is gone. But, I do love those last few days of the season in Maine ~ sunset cocktails on the rocks, plates full of sweet Maine corn, and trees laiden with apples. The days are warm, but the nights are cool. And there is a particular slant of golden light that hints at autumn.

Today, as always, I am taking delight in the details:

* Jessica Bruah (Stories...1 and 2)
* Lorna Simpson (especially Details)

And a little baby came into the world today. I am his Tante Janet. And that brings me joy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new nephew!

That slanty golden light of September is so beautiful and always makes me achingly sad.

Janet said...

Well, I am more of an "honorary auntie" for this one! And yes, I know just how you feel about the light. Sigh.

Prêt à Voyager said...

Summer may be over, but I can't wait for apple picking in the fall!

Anne

P.S. Happy aunting!

Anonymous said...

And we are so looking forward to Tante Janet's first visit which we hope will be soon! MIR