This year I am trying very hard to keep presents simple, but thoughtful. And so, here are some of the things I will be giving this year:
To keep them warm and happy:
* hand-knit Irish mittens
* a special tin of tea
* vintage tea towels and French soap
* hand-dipped candles wrapped up with a pretty box of matches
To tickle their palette:
* sea-salt caramels (my father's favorite)
* or a jar of spicy plum chutney
To support the arts:
* a special Christmas ornament
* my favorite notecards
I have tried very hard to buy from local businesses and crafts people, and to support cultural institutions such as museums, historic houses, gardens, and other non-profit organizations. I also would love to know some of your own gift ideas.
And, my dear friends and loved ones, I hope I haven't given away too many surprises...!