As promised, here are some of my favorite holiday destinations in Washington (and beyond!):
* skating in the Sculpture Garden
* Windows to Wonderland at the Botanic Garden
* dreaming of warmer climates at the Freer
* singing along at American History (December 13-14)
* Mount Vernon by Candlelight (weekends through December 14)
* and Christmas at Stratford Hall (December 12-13)
This list is just a small sampling of the wonderful ways to celebrate the season, so for a full list of Smithsonian museums, see here ~ and for a more complete list of events around town, see the City Paper.