Tuesday, February 15, 2011

for emile

A little National Trust wabi ~ flowering jasmine blossoms at Ham House.

One of the highlights of my trip to London was a saturday outing to Ham House in Surrey with Emile de Bruijn. The day began with clouds and rain, but ended with bright sun and blue skies. In between touring the house and gardens and drinking tea, we managed to fit in quite a bit of talking. You may read Emile's post about our day here (I feel like quite the cover girl!), and I will have a bit more about our visit in the next few days. In the mean time, I have started adding my photographs to a London set on flickr.

On an unrelated note, I could not let the day pass without mentioning that Jasper Johns received a Presidential Medal of Freedom today. The first studio artist to do so in 34 years.

5 comments:

LINDA from EACH LITTLE WORLD said...

thanks for the mention about Jasper Johns. Pretty surprising (and disappointing) statistic.

Emile de Bruijn said...

The image doesn't disappoint :) I think it was seeing you take this photograph, and trying (and failing) to take a similar 'Janet Blyberg' shot, that made me begin to think about how blogs can be a compressed record of one person's particular view of life.

Bruce Barone said...

What a beautiful place we find here.

And I had not heard about Jasper Johns receiving the award.

Thank You!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! The flowers are winter flowering jasmine though. Forsythia will be out in the next week or two.

Janet said...

Anon ~ thank you. . . I have made the correction.