Monday, July 18, 2011

an evening walk

I love an evening walk, just as the sun begins to sink toward the horizon. Light sparkles through the trees, and the worst of the afternoon heat is over. Last night, the gentleman and I took advantage of the (relatively) moderate weather and went for a stroll in Georgetown. We lingered in the golden sunlight, tripping over brick sidewalks, and peeking through garden walls. Content.

The weekend was spent on the Eastern Shore with old friends, saturday evening by the bay with steamed crabs and the first corn of the season. On my way home yesterday, I stopped at a farm stand and picked up tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, corn, and big, fat blackberries! The blackberries picked that morning, still warm from the sun. Summer bounty.

And, while on the topic of food. . . I have been enjoying honey & jam!

Happy monday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Georgetown and blackberries warmed by the sun - perfection. KDM

The House That Lars Built said...

I TOTALLY know where this is! They have the best Halloween decorations! Oh, I miss Georgetown!

Janet said...

KDM ~ wish you had been there to share in the evening!

Miss B ~ I love that little section up by Dumbarton Oaks. My favorite!

Gretchen said...

How you make me long for sultry DC summer eves. Sounds like a really lovely weekend!