Monday, June 18, 2007

the old city

A quick hello from Jerusalem. What an amazing place it is ~ a crossroads of culture and religion and history and people. I will tell you more when I get back to Washington and can illustrate it all with photographs (and there are many!!!). I have to say one of the highlights has been the wonderful, beautiful, kind people I have met here ~ Israeli and foreign alike. Thank you so much for such a lovely experience. I don't think I will have a chance to post again until I home, so shalom one last time from Israel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am eagerly awaiting your photographs and the opportunity to see Israel through your eyes! Safe journey, I'll be with you every mile home.

Blissville said...

Janet my dear -- we need to get you a digital camera, the simplest point and shoot (well, nothing is simple, so something special for you, my cuz) -- because your blog is gorgeous as ever, and I had NO idea you were in Israel, in Jerusalem, a dream of mine someday. You are in my thoughts, heart - take care, dear one - and keep up this thoughtful forum in praise, to borrow from my sister's book, of beauty.