Friday, June 15, 2007

shalom

My plane touched down in Tel Aviv a few hours before the sun set, ushering in the Sabbath. I was amazingly emotional as we landed ~ my first time in Israel (need I say more?). It is hot and humid, but it cools quickly once the sun goes down. Once I had checked into my hotel, I ventured out into the relatively quiet streets to find a place to eat. I found a lovely little café tucked away in a residential neighborhood, very chic and white, with little chandeliers. I sat outside, read Time Out Tel Aviv, and enjoyed the yummiest mango iced tea and a goat cheese sandwich with roasted eggplant, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil ~ divine! After dinner I ordered a hot tea and it came stuffed with mint. As darkness approached, candles appeared everywhere, even hanging in the trees. I can't wait to explore the city!

Well, my time here has barely begun, so I am sure I will have much more to say. Wishing you all a happy weekend!

1 comment:

marcel said...

shalom lekulam!
help me to write biographies of great personnalities of jewisheritage.fr
You can also write a letter to this personnalities!
I post your letter for you
a bientot
marcel - France