Saturday, July 21, 2007

bella bella venezia

Ciao! A quick post from Venice, where it is hot, humid, but beautiful as ever. After two days packed with research (and hilarious attempts to navigate the Correr library speaking no Italian!), I finally have the weekend to myself. In between work appointments though, I have found time to enjoy a couple of the smaller museums and palazzos (partly to stay out of the sun). Oh, and delicious meals accompanied by Italian wine (and a glass or two of Prosecco). I have been taking lots of photos and will have tons of things to show you when I get home and can download them. In the meantime, I leave you with a photo of the little street where my hotel is ~ tucked away in the quiet residential neighborhood of Dorsoduro. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend ~ I will see you in a few days with tales of my Italian adventures! XO!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

My favorite city, hope you have some pictures of interior of your hotel--I only visited three times while on business in Vicenza (took train on day trips to Venice), but never stayed in Venice which is something I would like to do someday, so am looking at "perfect" place to stay if and when I get there. I have also never visited Venice in the evening and can guess that it is totally magical then also.

Anxiously awaiting your photos upon your return. Ciao

Anonymous said...

Janet, what is the name of that hotel in Dorsoduro. I looks great! Thanks.

Janet said...

The name of the hotel is Hotel alla Salute (www.hotelsalute.com). It is very simple, but nice. Located a few steps from the Zattare and Santa Maria della Salute, it is really well situated, but away from the crowds.