Here are some favorites from Israel:
* Gorgeous Suzani embroidery (the photograph above is a detail of a piece I bought for my mother).
* Antique Bedouin jewelry and carnelian rings (more on this later...).
* Three Arches YMCA hotel and restaurant in Jerusalem (the building was designed by the architect of the Empire State Building).
* Max Brenner chocolates (now available in New York!).
* Lala Land Café on the beach in Tel Aviv (order the calamari salad and a glass of Israeli wine).
* Tel Aviv Museum of Art gift store (they have some of the best jewelry from contemporary Israeli designers ~ my favorite, Aura).
P.S. Sorry for the lack of links, but some of these places do not have websites!