Tuesday, July 17, 2007

ciao!

Well, I am about to dash off to the airport, on my way to Venice for a work trip. I will be doing research at the Guggenheim and the Museo Correr library, visiting the Biennale (have always wanted to go!), and in my free time, exploring all of the little out of the way palazzos and churches that make Venice such a treasure. I will try to post along the way, but if not, I will see you in a week!

(image: John Singer Sargent, The Library in Venice, Ailsa Mellon Bruce Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970.17.172)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe trip!

Anonymous said...

Sargent and Venice . . . (sigh)
Like peanut butter and jelly . . .
KDM

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed catching up before you jetted off again. Can't wait for your return - would love to be packed along in your luggage!
G.