Tuesday, October 16, 2007

inspiration: ex libris

As the weather gets cooler (okay, just a little), and the leaves start to turn fabulous colors (okay, brown), I love nothing more that to curl up with a good book and a glass of wine. And, I have noticed that my "inspiration" folder for this week is full of all sorts of book-related goodies. I received the announcement for an exhibition at the University Gallery of the University of Massachusetts Amherst ~ Ex Libris, which runs through December 9, and is part of a program called Bookmarks: A Celebration of the Art of the Book. It features works by Matthew Higgs and Peter Wüthrich, including this installation of book covers by Wüthrich, On the Art of Making Bouquets, 2005.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once heard on public radio about a book store that organizes their books by color - not subject or author - I think it was in San Francisco. KDM

Cerré said...

this is very cool.