Monday, February 25, 2008

in stockholm

It was so hard to leave Edith and Christian and my cozy little room in Copenhagen. But Sweden beckoned, and soon I was on a train speeding through some of the most gorgeous, pristine landscapes I have ever seen. I have always wanted to visit Stockholm, and it did not disappoint ~ so full of wonderful things to explore. Here are some of my favorites:

* Clas på Hörnet (my little hotel "on the corner")
* Nordiska Museet (gorgeous art and crafts)
* Oleana (to splurge a little)
* The Sweden Bookshop (more books!)
* Svenskt Tenn (ahhh...sigh)

But, most of all, I just loved wandering. Of course, I was the only one crazy enough to be out in the cold.

3 comments:

Style Court said...

Love the horse print (or drawing?) in the window!

Janet said...

I loved the juxtaposition of fine art and street art. I also loved that someone had scrawled "Afrika" in the center of that missing patch of plaster.

Janet said...

P.S. Courtney...I forgot to say that it was a photograph of a horse.