Tuesday, February 26, 2008

northern light

After a week of grey, the sun finally came out the day I went to Skansen. That beautiful northern light with its long golden rays! And Skansen...well, for those of us interested in historic buildings, it is like a religious experience. It also made me realize how badly I would love to get beyond Stockholm and drive through that gorgeous countryside, seeing some of those buildings in situ. Oh, and I want this book!

Have you ever visited somewhere and even though you have never been there before, it just feels familiar? That is the way it is with Scandinavia for me. Maybe it is the northern-ness of it, or maybe my Norwegian heritage is showing itself. Whatever it is, I know that some day I will have to go back. There are so many more photos, but I am feeling the need to move on and share other bits of inspiration. So, while I am closing the book on this trip, I am sure that little bits of it will find their way into my future posts. For now, happy tuesday....

4 comments:

Nicole said...

beautiful photographs.

mamma in columbus said...

it looks like you were in a story book. lovely lovely.

j. vorwaller said...

ohhh... i hope it feels like home to me someday too, how wonderful to have that feeling!

Michelle said...

thanks for sharing your pictures! everything looks great.