Wednesday, November 25, 2009

thankful


I have loved hearing all that you are serving up tomorrow ~ the diversity of your meals and the excitement with which you approach them. Thank you for sharing.

In 1953 the journalist Art Buchwald wrote a column for the Herald Tribune, explaining Thanksgiving to the French, and setting us all straight on a few important historical facts (!). After Buchwald joined The Washington Post in 1962, he continued to run it every year on Thanksgiving day (albeit with a few fresh words of introduction), thus giving himself the week off. Even if you have read it a million times, read it again, because it will make you smile.

And, speaking of food and the French, I thought this article was wonderful.

There are so many things for me to be thankful for this year, not least of all for those of you who stop by this space. So, from my table to yours...Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

The Down East Dilettante said...

Oh, Janet, indeed I have read the Buchwald a million times, and thanks for reminding me to read it for the million and oneth time. It made me laugh yet again