Monday, November 17, 2008

signs of winter


Things were beginning to look very wintery at the farmer's market yesterday: root vegetables, and red berries. And for the first time this season ~ bulbs! I splurged and bought a white amaryllis. Hopefully it will bloom in time for the holidays. My new return address labels arrived on friday, and I pulled out my Christmas cards (in the vain hope that perhaps this year I will get them written in time). And there are lovely goodies over here. Oh, the anticipation!

And speaking of goodies, something wonderful showed up in my in box last night ~ the perfect culmination of book week. I can't wait to share, so stay tuned tomorrow. Happy monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending Christmas cards is my favorite part of the holiday season. The hunt for the perfect Christmas card is my least favorite. KDM

Paul Pincus said...

i love these images.

Anonymous said...

Your amaryllis tales always inspire me! cgb