Friday, November 14, 2008

trouvée: the races / book week: day 4

I have been saving these two photographs for a special post. The woman I bought them from said they were press images from the races at Longchamp, Paris. She had a whole lot of them, but I had to limit myself to just two. I adore them ~ so stylish and elegant. The long velvet coat...and the hat with the bird wings...wonderful (click to view larger)!

Not the usual links today ~ but my top five favorite recent photo books (some of which I have mentioned before, but are worth mentioning again):

* Miroslav Tichy (2008)
* Disfarmer: The Vintage Prints (2005)
* Foto (2007)
* Now is Then (2007)
* The Art of the American Snapshot (2007)

As always, happy reading...and stay tuned for more bookish goodies next week. Meanwhile, I wish you all a wonderful weekend.

No comments: