Friday, July 30, 2010

trouvée: the schooner

This photograph is not inscribed. However, I am told it was taken on Owl's Head, Maine, in the summer of 1892. It is hard to believe this little scene was captured more than 100 years old, it seems so fresh. Ahhhh. . . some things never change. {click to view larger}

The gentleman and I are off to Maine early tomorrow morning. We will pick up my niece and nephew along the way, experienced beachcombers both.

Oh happy summer!

See you in a week. . .

6 comments:

Barbara Wells Sarudy said...

God's Speed...

Gretchen said...

Have fun - sounds like you're up for a delightful time!

P.Gaye Tapp at Little Augury said...

precious that seaside scene. enjoy yours.

greer said...

I love this photo! I hope you are enjoying Maine (*jealous*)

The Down East Dilettante said...

Oh, how I love this photo.

And lucky me! I got to have wine with JCB and The Gentlemen right here in Maine

Janet said...

Ahhhh, thank you all. Now back in the heat and humidity of a Washington summer.

DED ~ We were the lucky ones!!!