Wednesday, July 21, 2010

wine and rosés



Here is a great idea for a bachelorette party: invite a bunch of friends, hire a van and driver, and spend a day in the Virginia wine country. This past saturday we celebrated my friend Hillary's upcoming nuptials amidst the vines with views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Just glorious.

Along the way I discovered a wonderful new rosé at La Grange winery. It smells just like strawberries, but tastes crisp and dry! I paired it with a bowl of José Andrés' Gazpacho al Estilo de Patricia, and a soft blue cheese. Perfecto!

3 comments:

smilla4blogs said...

I love this original idea...and your photos, of course!

Style Court said...

Loving that first image Janet. Great composition. Your detail shots are always my favorite!

Gretchen said...

sounds like so much fun!