Tuesday, March 4, 2008

wild mushrooms

When I was in Munich several weeks ago, I was so amazed by the produce at the town market. Beautiful cheeses, sausages, simple winter root vegetables ~ and of course those wild mushrooms and truffles. I wish I could have bottled up the smell of all that goodness. I admit that I am a little timid about cooking with things like mushrooms and truffles (though certainly not about eating them!). But this risotto recipe looks divine ~ and how can you go wrong with this pasta dish? My farmers' market does have a rather amazing selection of things, including mushrooms, so I have no excuses. I resolve to back away from the portabella, and be more adventurous when it comes to fungi.

More late winter cooking inspiration tomorrow. Until then, cheers!

No comments: