Friday, March 7, 2008

grab a spoon

Last night I went out to dinner and so I have no inspired cooking to show you (sorry!). But, how could I leave you without dessert? A friend made this layer cake recipe a couple summers ago, and I thought it was one of the prettiest, yummiest desserts I have ever tried. It is labor intensive, but worth the effort I think!

And the spoons? Well, last week Nicole posted some of her gorgeous flatware and asked the rest of us about our own collections. So, here is a little bit of mine. I love the simple patterns and lovely old monograms. My favorite spoon ~ the one I always seem to grab when I have my tea ~ is on the far left. It is so old that the handle is paper thin and the engraving is almost worn off, but if you look closely it reads "T.J. 1844."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine an orange cake finer than yours, but I'm willing to give it a try. Perhaps this anniversary?? MIR

Pigtown*Design said...

These are wonderful. I use some beautiful French Ivory handled knives and forks, and some silver spoons.

See you Sunday!