Friday, March 7, 2008

trouvée: alfresco

I couldn't resist ending food week with this photograph (click to view larger). It is probably one of the funniest snapshots I have found in a long time ~ I can't believe that NO ONE bid against me for it on eBay! Three women dining alfresco in the 1930s. It is hard to see in this scan, but there is a jar of pickles, some rolls, a plate of sliced bananas, and a can of walnuts. And, well, there's that cake!

Oh, and here's a great new publication for you found photo devotées ~ Now is Then: Snapshots from the Maresca Collection. I have lots more photo inspiration to share with you next week. Until then, enjoy your weekend ~ cheers and happy eating.

P.S. This is my kind of grocery list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two pairs of reading glasses (one on top of the other!) says those pickles are olives! This wonderful photo could not go without a comment! cgb