Tuesday, March 18, 2008

yellow

Have you ever underestimated a color? For me, it is yellow. I don't know why, but I have never paid much attention to it. Well, lately it has piqued my interest. It started with a gorgeous yellow linen jacket I saw recently (alas, not in my size), followed by the above image. And then yesterday I received the Nocturne 01 print I ordered from Ah-yi (so lovely!), and there it was again, that yellow. I was smitten.

(image: from Small Worlds: The Art of the Invisible, specimen id 3505)

4 comments:

Prêt à Voyager said...

I'm currently addicted to mustard...I realized it goes with everything (especially in the form of a purse!).

Anne

Anonymous said...

I think yellow is best when it does not apologize for itself - like the yellow of Babe Paley's drawing room or Jacqueline Kennedy's Cassini number for her visit to Mexico. KDM

Anonymous said...

Baby chicks (it is almost Easter!) cgb

Pigtown*Design said...

Yellow is everywhere these days!

And I so agree with Pret... i got a mustard kate spade bag a number of years ago, and was soooo surprised that it went with nearly everything i owned!