Friday, March 28, 2008

trouvée: temple shrubland

This is a stereoview card of the gardens at Shrubland Park (click to view larger). It is inscribed simply "Temple Shrubland." No date, but I suspect it was taken in the mid 19th century. If you look at modern views of the gardens, it is clear that very little has changed.

I rarely say it (it's cliché, I know), but thank goodness it's friday ~ what a busy week! I am so looking forward to the weekend, and am thrilled to tell you that the first of the spring historic house tours is tomorrow! You are in for a treat, but I'll keep it a surprise for now. However, I thought that this image of a formal landscape would be a perfect segue...

So, until monday, when I'll be back with a report on the tour and some great links. Have a great weekend...cheers!

No comments: