Thursday, March 13, 2008

wild fennel and dandelion seeds

I don't know why, but I am taking delight in little bits of nature right now. Maybe it's spring fever. If the rain drives you inside this weekend, spend some time here (where you can see the above photograph).

I'll be back tomorrow with a few more links and a round up of photo inspiration week. Until then, be well. Oh, and cherry blossom fever is spreading in Washington ~ here's the bloom prediction.

(images courtesy The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York: Henry Fox Talbot, Wild Fennel, 1841-1842, salted paper print, 2005.100.260; and Dandelion Seeds, 1858 or later, photogravure, 2004.111)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely! cgb

Anonymous said...

Oh, the beauty of cherry blossoms-why must they also coincide with the dreaded allergy season! MIR

Nicole said...

Your site is beautiful! Where do you find such amazing imagery? Wow! I am impressed. I like the simplicity of your writing and you still make a statement in such a few words.

Janet said...

Nicole ~ thank you! And Isabelle ~ I think the cherry blossoms are worth the pain!!! XO!